“SEO content writing vs. creative content writing- what’s the difference actually?”- All of us always wonder about this question. Some people think a good content writer can easily engage in both fields, but it’s not true. After all, a handball player can’t be good at swimming, though both intentions are the same. This blog post will help you understand the differences between SEO and creative content writing.
Before starting, Let’s understand what that means and how to stand out your content using both.
What is SEO Content Writing?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO Content Writing is the process in which content is designed to rank well in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) for specific keywords or phrases. This content usually increases website traffic, generates leads, or sells products or services to a target audience. High-quality, relevant SEO Content can help your website perform better in organic and paid search results.
How To Do SEO Content Writing
The main purpose of an SEO Content Writer is to generate massive traffic from google or other search engines. So, There are certain things you can do to increase your chances of getting ranked higher. These are-
The most important SEO factor after creating good content is good keyword research. You want to create content using those keywords, the actual search terms people use.
I recommend you take advantage of Google Trends to see how your keywords trend over time.
Use Headlines and Subheadings
Writing great content is one thing. But even if you spend hours creating an incredible piece of content, you need to attract interest. For this, Headings and subheadings are essential.
Your site will also benefit from adding tags. By using tags, Google will be able to understand your site more effectively.
Improve Your Page Speed
Help your pages and content fully load and display faster. The slower your page speed, the more frustrated you’ll make your users.
Develop Your Content Strategy
Developing an intelligent strategy is the most crucial part of this process.
Understanding the Algorithms
To make your SEO content writing skills more comprehensive, you need to understand the core of search engine algorithms.
It helps frame your content that meets users’ expectations, making it eligible for higher search engine rankings.
Linking your content to relevant pages with internal and external links.
What is Creative Content Writing?
Creative content writing is creating engaging, informative, and entertaining pieces that engage readers and encourage them to take action. It’s all about the original expression of personal thoughts and feelings. The primary purpose of creative content writing is to entertain and amuse readers. There is no intention to increase website traffic or sell products or services.
How To Do Creative Content Writing
Creative content writing is the best way a writer approaches his creativity and best qualities through content. It can attract and addict readers to read content for a long time.
For this, a writer must keep a particular thing in mind. These are-
- Focused on the targeted intention.
- Story fluency
- Catch reader attention
- Sharpen the argument
- Discover new approach
- Concern about the style, structure and sound
The Differences Between SEO Content Writing vs Creative Content Writing
“SEO Content writing can often be creative, but creative content writing can never be SEO content writing.” So there are some stark differences between them.
We will discuss the difference between SEO Content Writing vs. Creative Content Writing broadly in the following categories. Let’s have a look!
- SEO Content Writing is the process of content writing optimized for search engines so that people can easily find it.
- Creative Content Writing expresses a writer’s feelings, emotions, experiences, ideas, and even thoughts obtained at a subconscious level.
- The main purpose of SEO content writing is to increase website traffic, generate leads, or sell products or services to target audiences.
- The purpose of creative content writing is to entertain and amuse readers.
- Industry-specific, product- and service-related issues are covered in SEO content writing. It must be factual, impersonal, and free of bias and feelings.
- A creative writer does not work in an academic or technical field. It includes journals, diaries, essays, stories, poetries, memoirs, scripts, and free writing pieces.
- SEO content is used for search engine optimization (SEO) to catch the targeted audience when they search for something related to the topic.
- There are many platforms where creative content writing is used, such as blogs, magazines, newspapers, websites, novels, handbooks, newsfeeds, etc.
- SEO content writing needs research to get the targeted audience. Also, it contains only necessary information.
- Creative content writing is the combination of necessary and unnecessary information. Readers like unnecessary information just for entertainment.
- There is no artistic freedom in SEO content writing.
- Creative writers enjoy a lot more artistic freedom, like content length, tone, style, form, and purpose of their written piece.
- You have no freedom to use a word repeatedly that make keyword density.
- Here is total freedom to dance with words. No worries about keyword density.
Point of view
- SEO content is best for earning purposes.
- Creative content is best for entertaining purposes.
The Similarities Between SEO Content Writing and Creative Content Writing
Although there are so many differences between SEO content writing and creative content writing. But in some cases, they are similar to each other. Here are some points which attach to both writing processes-
- Good Quality Writing
- Good grammar & Readability
- Engaging to Readers
- Advocates Writing
- Good Writing Styles
- Both Require Research
- Both Require Attention to Detail
Future of SEO Content Writing and Creative Content Writing
We have already discussed that SEO content and creative content are different. SEO works strategically, and creative content works creatively. But if we combine both of them, that will be awesome and work well. Playing handball and swimming is not exact. Here we can organize a handball tournament in a swimming pool. That’s why handball playing and swimming will both be done perfectly. So, SEO content writers may use creative techniques to create better content.
What is the difference between Content and Creative Content?
Content writing generally entails a specific topic and is more likely to pass on information to a target audience. Creative writing is more personal. You can choose the topic, form, tonality and approach.
How do I become an SEO content writer?
To become an SEO content writer, you have to know about some cases. These are-
- Keyword Research
- Competitor Analysis
- Headers, Metas, and More
- Engaging Content
How do I become a creative content writer?
If you want to become a creative writer, then first of all, you need to have a good writing skills. Keep on practicing writing. Improve your English writing skill, and avoid grammatical and typo errors.
SEO Content Writing vs Creative Content Writing are both important in their ways. SEO Content Writing is focused on optimizing content to rank higher on search engine results pages. In contrast, Creative Content Writing is focused on creating engaging, informative, and entertaining content. So, both are important for a successful online marketing strategy.